webTA is a Web-based Time and Attendance (T&A) report application specially designed to meet the T&Areporting requirements for Federal Departments or Agencies and their employees. The application can be securely accessed with an Internet browser, allowing users the flexibility to enter T&A data from anywhere they have an Internet connection. Transaction Code (TC) and leave type tables are used to enter data in webTA. Once approved, the timesheets are picked up on scheduled build files and transmitted to NFC for processing. Once received, these T&A files are edited using the Time and Attendance Validation System (TIME) job.
Employee profile information is brought into webTA via a Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) daily feed from NFC. This information is retrieved from PPS after the Personnel Input and Edit System's (PINE) and the Personnel Update System's (PEPL) run each evening. This daily file updates all accessions and separations. New employee records should be added via this PPS daily feed. Only in special circumstances should an employee be added directly into webTA. This eliminates errors and maintains consistency between webTA and PPS . At the end of the pay period, additional information is updated after the Bi-Weekly Examination Analysis and Reporting System's (BEAR) run is complete.
webTA allows for both the Timekeeper and/or the Employee to enter and submit T&Adata on a daily basis throughout the pay period.
webTA is used to:
- Maintain a personal information record for each Employee at a specific T&A contact point. This record contains Employee-related information needed for T&A reporting.
- Gather data entered for the purpose of recording attendance and leave, and for calculating Employee wages each pay period.
- Enter T&A data at any time during the pay period.
- Record daily time.
- Allow for the Timekeeper to enter and submit an Employee’s timesheet if the Employee is not available.
- Establish a default schedule for an Employee so that only absences from work or changes in the tour of duty must be entered.
- Enter scheduled leave in advance.
- Record cost accounting.
- Select TC and Accounting Codes from drop-down lists.
- Maintain accounting tables at the Agency level.
- Enter corrected/split/final timesheets.
- Perform certain edits to determine if the data is correct.
- Provide T&A related reports.
Timesheets are processed through TIME, which reads, collects, edits, audits, and validates the data for payment. All errors encountered are reflected on an error list, and timesheets in question are placed in an error suspense file. Timesheet errors are corrected by NFC and are again processed through TIME . After timesheets pass all edits and are validated, the database is updated for subsequent payment processing.
Timely submission of timesheets is necessary because of the impact on the Employee’s pay. Timesheets should be completed on the last day of the pay period and processed as soon as possible. Timesheets should be transmitted to NFCno later than close of business the Tuesday following the last day of the pay period.
In This Section